Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Workflow, the web and where I'm off to next.

Things have been pretty slow the last month and a half so I've been trying to use this time to improve my workflow and web presence; exciting stuff I know. You may have noticed that I changed the look of my blog banner and added a few links. I've also made some minor changes to my website, mostly stuff you cant see but hopefully the google robots will. I've also signed up for a photoshelter account as medium for selling some of my work. I invested in Cradoc's fotoKeyword Harvester program to help with my keywording and potentially increase sales (which are currently zero) on photoshellter. I've also incorporated photo mechanic's ingester into the mix, which will automatically rename my files using variables and add basic metadata information, and ChronoSync for backing up to external drives. This is probably the least sexiest stuff a photographer could talk about but it's part of the job I guess and what I've been nerding out on for the past few weeks.

Anyways, my lounging period is coming to an end and I should be on the move again soon. All summer I've been trying to secure a legitimate teaching job at a University in China. There has been a number of hang ups and I wasn't sure if anything was going to come through, but after waiting in limbo for over a month I just got word that all my paperwork has come through and it should be in the mail state bound right now. From there I'll walk it to the embassy in DC and hope I'm good looking enough to be granted a work visa. If all goes smoothly I hope to be on a plane by the end of the month destined for Linfen City in Shanxi Province (well actually I'll have to fly to Taiyuan and then hitch a ride down to Linfen, but the prior sounded better). I'll be teaching Freshman english at Shanxi Normal University, a school with over 20,000 students. I just hope google is exaggerating about how polluted it is there.

Cheers to everybody out there in internet land and enjoy these pictures before you go. Kevin: An American Bad Ass.




1 comment:

Marisa said...

Be safe and stay healthy.