Thursday, September 30, 2010

Off to China



I leave tomorrow at noon for Beijing, there I'll spend a few days with a friend of mine before continuing on to Linfen where I'll be teaching English for the next 9 months.

Here is all the gear I'm taking with me to China (Obviously I plan to do more then just teach). Inspired by Kevin German.


1. Sanyo N1-MH Battery Charger and 16 eneloop AA 2,000 mAh batteries.

2. Marantz PMD 660 solid state recorder

3. 3 ft mic cable

4. beyerdynamic M 58 N condenser Microphone and windscreen

5. Sony MDR-7506 Professional headphones.

6. Focal mini tripod.

7. Monster Power 4 port travel power strip.

8. Canon 35mm f/1.4 lens

9. Canon 135mm f/2 lens

10 Canon 85mm f/1.8 lens

11. Canon 28mm f/2.8 lens

12. Canon 1.4 Extender

13. Microtech firewire 400 card reader

14. Domke F-5XB bag

15. Canon ST-E2 Speedlite Transmitter

16. Canon 580EX II Speedlite

17. Giottos Rocket air blower

18.Kensington computer security lock

19. Gaffers Tape

20. General brand outlet converters

21. Apple Headphones w/ microphone

22. Various Compact Flash Cards

23. Canon EOS 5D body

24. Canon 5D battery charger with two batteries

25. Apple 17" MacBook Pro 1st Gen Core Duo 2.16 w/ power cord.

26. Apple iPod touch 8GB 2g w/ usb cable

27. USB to US outlet converter.

28. OWC Mercury ON-The-Go Pro Firewire 400 bus powered 160GB hard drive.

29. OWC Mercury ON-The-Go Pro USB 2.0 bus powered 1TB hard drive.

30. Plastic Film Camera issued by Time magazine in the 80's

31. Assortment of roll film.

32. Cloths for camera cleaning.

33. Vivitar 550FD with color gels.

3 comments:

Dustin Lennert said...

Eric, Have a wonderful trip. I've been following your blog and I'm glad to see that you're going to a place where the photo-ops are boundless, can't wait to see what you'll find. But photography aside, teaching English will be such a rewarding experience and I hope you embrace it. Safe travels ahead and may serendipity find you behind your lens,

Dustin.

Poppy (aka Val) said...

Hi, wonderful photos :)I have a daughter studying Chinese in Bejing, she is there for a year, and I am going out to see her in April. My trusty camera will be going too, but I am very much an amateur photographer, so your array of photographic gear to me is amazing. Wishing you a wonderful time out there :)

Eric Jones said...

@dustin Thanks Dustin I appreciate it, and if you ever need help with anything or want to talk photos or anything else shoot me an email, best of luck at OU.

@poppy thanks for the comment. I hope your daughter is enjoying herself and keep shooting, photography is wonderful pastime no matter what level you practice it at.