Saturday, September 1, 2012

Bike Commute: Southern, MD to Washington, DC (Pt. 2)

A crushed sea shell path connects National Harbor to the Woodrow Wilson Bridge Trail.
Looking back at National Harbor. From the bike trail overpass looking back at Maryland. Woodrow Wilson Bridge and the Shore of Virginia.
Underneath the Wilson bridge on the Virginia side. Passing through old town Alexandria, a little slow going with all the stop signs. After old town you can pick up the Mount Vernon Bike Trail. There is no shortage of bikers over here. This part reminds me of the pterodactyl cages in Jurrasic Park III. A couple of these wooden pathways. Passing the end of Reagan National Airport's runway. The afternoon is a bit neater because there are more planes landing. Looking back across the Roosevelt bridge; it's a little narrow for two way traffic. K and 21st We're here! I took a little detour, so the milage is a bit off. I think it is pretty close to 28 miles but my speedometer didn't have a magnet for most the summer so I never got a precise measurement.


This is the second half of my bike commute from Waldorf, MD to Washington, DC. See part 1 for more information.

No comments: