Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hengshan (恒山)

















































Mt. Heng (恒山)is one of the 5 sacred mountains of Daoism in China. We arrived to a massive empty parking lightly covered in snow. The whole way up the mountain I couldn't help but think about how many people must be crawling over this place in the summer time. When we wee there I think we saw maybe 10 other people. We took our time and saw almost everything there was to see. We even hoped the gate and climbed the steep steps to the summit; the view was amazing. The mountains there are so bare and the air is so much better then Linfen. On top of that I was so happy to have nice light again. I did feel a little bad making our driver wait over four hours but I knew he wouldn't leave without his money and I wasn't trying to leave anything unseen. So in the end I guess I got my money's worth out of him.

2 comments:

Brian Jones said...

lucky dog

Eric Jones said...

If were going to get paid the same amount I have to have something over you :)